How to Fix WordPress Error ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
If you landed on this page it means that you are having issues with your WordPress site or site similar. Every time you are working on your site, it abruptly stop working and tell you that your site cannot is not available and show the error ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. I was having that very same issues. After a week having to continually restart my browser each time this happen, I decided to research it. At first, I thought it had to do with my WordPress setting or because of a new plugin I installed, but it wasn’t the case. I host my site with [eafl id=”389″ name=”SiteGround” text=”SiteGround”], and I thought it could have been a back end error on the server side, but it wasn’t the case as well.
I am not sure if this also occurs in Internet explorers, but it happened as I was using Google Chrome. The error may look similar to that image above. The actually issue was the website cookies! Here are the steps to fix this issue.
Steps to Fix the Error:
We are going to clear the chrome’s cookies and data then restart the browser. (you can skip step 1 & 2 by opening a new browser tab and type “chrome://settings/” and hit enter)
- Click on the Google Menu (located at the top right of the browser, usually loos like 3 vertical dots)
- Click on Setting
- Scroll all the way down and click “Advanced“
- Under “Privacy and security” click on “Clear browsing data – Clear history, cookies, cache, and more”
- On the “Clear browsing data” popup, make sure only “Cookies and other site data” is selected.
- For the “Time range” at the top, select the time range based on when this issue started. (for me I selected ‘Last 4 weeks’ since that is when it started.)
- Once all is check and set, click on “CLEAR DATA”
After you completed step 7, make sure you close all your browsers. Then go back in log into your WordPress site. It shouldn’t give you that error anymore. It definitely worked for me. If you continue to have issues; put a comment below and I will follow up with you.
No more Wordpress Error ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR!
Follow Us Facebook!
Read more from The Blog!
Buy yourself something at The Shop!